Focus is the manipulation of subtle energy (prana) in the body for the purposes of supporting the healing process. Marma therapy is based on the utilization of 107 points in the body which are considered to be access points to body, mind, and consciousness.
What is marma chikitsa? It is a powerful instrument of Siddha that originated 5,000 years ago. It is a process and a therapy that works with 108 subtle and sensitive energy points to open energy channels in the body called strotras.
“Marma’s effects are profound and can create dramatic shifts in the body. And what are the side effects? You have to live a long life with energy, enthusiasm and tranquility!”
ROLE OF MARMA
- It removes blocks in energy channels called strotras.
- It pacifies vata dosha, (air and space elements ), bringing it to its normal path— especially vyana vata, (a sub-dosha which controls the autonomic nervous system.)
- It creates physical, mental and emotional flexibility. Because of ama (toxins) and because of vata, human beings after 35 or 40 years of age become rigid — and this happens to animals and plants too. As vata increases in our body, we experience degeneration. This rigidity can mean becoming fixed in ideas, emotions and physical movements.
- This gentle treatment creates an opportunity to experience powerful and dynamic transformation at the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual levels by building a positive link with the unconscious mind. Many times people are not able to go outside their ‘comfort zones.’ They think they have absolute limitations. After marma is done, they can start taking positive risks.
Marma is beneficial for many conditions, including the following:
- Muscular and joint pain
- Frozen joints
- Muscular strain
- Respiratory conditions
- Digestion and elimination problems
- Nervous system disorders
- Headaches and migraines
- General aging problems
- Glandular issues
- Anxiety and depression
- Stress response, fears and phobias
- Confusion, memory loss and mental focus
- Low energy and fatigue
- Breaking through limited belief systems
Marma Yoga Therapy (for Body & Mind)
Only Studio in Canada which offer Siddh Marma Yoga.
Marma yoga therapy is an combination of Yoga poses and marma points or body pressure points, By modify some poses ,it’s movements specially to activate very important marma points in body, It’s a very effective therapy for many disorders when practice with proper breathing and awareness.