Certified by Yoga Alliance USA (200 hours)
Yoga Teaching Training (YTT)
M.Y has offered its teacher training course since 2010 and we have developed an enviable reputation for offering one of the Canada’s best Yoga teacher training courses. Whether you’re looking for a new career, or to deepen your understanding of Yoga and your own practice then our 200 hour course is a great place to start.
Our teacher training course has met the stringent requirements set by Yoga Alliance Professionals. Our graduates are trained to the highest standard and are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance Professionals. Our course offers a broad philosophical framework for study, but also delves into the nitty gritty of detailed asana.
We support you in the development of your own practice. This is not limited to asana, and includes pranayama, meditation and engagement with yoga teachings which are relevant today and which offer the possibility for ongoing personal transformation.
We recognise that it is from your own experience that you will be able to offer authentic yoga teaching, and so encourage you to continually apply yourself to the life and work of yoga. You will have plenty of opportunities to practice teaching and communication; it is one thing to be adept at asana, but quite another to communicate the wonders of yoga through a yoga class!
This course has been truly transformational for me, and is the best decision I’ve made for a while. I have learned so much, worked so hard, and loved every second of it! I cannot thank Jey Siva enough for the wisdom that he has imparted over the last 4 months. This course will not only help you become a registered yoga teacher, but also offers an insight into yourself and your own practice in a way that was unexpected for me. Our group has bonded through our yoga journey and I am grateful to have met such lovely people.
– Sarita Sarin, 200hr teacher trainee
The Yoga Teacher Training will teach you the following skills:
- You will develop your own asana, pranayama and meditation practice
- Anatomy and physiology with specific reference to Yoga breathing and asana
- How to instruct beginners safely with attention to alignment
- How to sequence classes that are suitable for beginners/intermediate students
- You will plan and teach 6 yoga classes with the support of the course teachers
- You will be introduced to key texts with a wealth of teachings for personal reflection and sharing with students
- A focus on how to teach well through verbal instruction, demonstration and hands on adjustments
- Ethics – how to embody the teachings of yoga
- How to teach from your own experience
Course Director is Jey Siva, who has designed and written the course. Jey is a registered teacher with Yoga Alliance Professionals and this accreditation demonstrates excellent standards as set by Yoga Alliance Professionals. Jey is joined by various guest teachers who help bring to life various aspects of the training.
The course consists of 10 weekends modules (Saturday – Sunday), plus an assessment day and final retreat weekend usually spread over a period of 3 months.
- The group size allows for personal development in a safe, supportive environment
- Tutor groups to support you in your choice of final essay
- Continuous assessment through written course work and practical final assessments
- Retreat weekend to help digest and embody all your learning!
- Ongoing assessment to support the learning process.
- A comprehensive manual to accompany the course
- Our Diploma in yoga course and intensives offer the perfect opportunity for ongoing learning experience.
Welcome on board, please email at email@example.com
- No refunds, credits or transfers are available on cancellation of the course prior to, during or after the start date.
- In extenuating circumstances courses can be deferred until a later date and a 10% deferral fee will be charged.
- If you have any queries please contact us on 905-781-9796 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to be kept up to date with all the latest event, course start dates and information about all Teacher Training at Master Yoga please sign up here